Monday, December 16, 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked, review and swatches!

I have been collecting a lot of pictures to write some blogs about. I haven't had time to post anything as i went to Melbourne to see Taylor Swift over the weekend. I'll post about that later, and what items i bought! I've just been taking photos throughout the week so that i have something to post about. I am going to start with my experience with Revlon nearly naked. I received a sample sheet of the foundation in a magazine, i went for the lightest shade on the sheet which was Shell. Previously i have worn the shade Vanilla in Revlon photo ready, i find this a bit too light though.

The magazine sample came on a card with 4 shades, Shell (130), Natural Beige (170), True Beige (190) and Natural Tan (220). Out of this sample i managed to cover my entire face, since i've purchased a bottle i think i apply too much. So i'm going to try and cut back. I really love the texture of this foundation. It is really light, and i don't like heavy make up at all! You don't really notice that you are wearing any, and honestly if you pick the right shade it can look like your skin but better. It is a super light cover, but it evens out my skin tone and takes away the redness in my face. I will post before and after pics. 

Shell, Natural Beige, True Beige and Natural Tan

These are the four shades lightly swatched, i just stuck my finger in the sample and swiped. Obviously the other shades were way too dark for me! There are 12 shades, which i think is quite a good selection.  If you go to their website, Revlon you can see all the shades, i'd recommend going into a store like Priceline and swatching, or have a sales assistant match you. There is also a pressed powder and loose powder available in the range!

Before

After
























The before photo, a freshly cleansed face ready for make up application. I picked an area of my face that needed more covering up, the little pimple. 

The after photo literally just has the foundation and i have not put any concealer on the pimple. As you can see it takes the shine off my face and evens out the skin tone as well as calming down the redness in the pimple!

I am very happy with this purchase and i really think you should give it a try. Especially if you are looking for a low end product that doesn't cost a fortune! Revlon are regularly on sale at Priceline and Target, and often Myer have a gift with purchase!






4 comments:

  1. I still haven't tried my sample from Bellabox! I'm caught between foundations and BB creams at the moment.. trying out the revlon age defying foundation at the moment, it's got a weird scent to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the sample for quite a few months before i tried it! This one doesn't really have a scent which is good. I have a CC cream which stinks!!

      Delete
  2. revlon products are good, just wondering if it is oily skin friendly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what i had researched this product is semi dewy. So people with oily skin still need to powder and blot. I have an oily t-zone sometimes and since wearing this i haven't found it to be as oily as usual! But i do use an oil free primer and setting powder!

      Delete