Saturday, December 21, 2013

Chanel Vitalumiere review

I have been so busy with the festive season, catching up with friends and doing family things i haven't had time to write many posts. Today i just wanted to do a quick one, and then i'll post a few other long posts in the next day or so.

So today i want to tell you about Chanel's Vitalumiere Satin Fluid Makeup. I went to a Chanel counter at Myer a few weeks ago to try the Vitalumiere Aqua foundation, unfortunately they didn't have samples in my shade, which was apparently either 12  or 22 Beige Rose, the SA couldn't remember what shade she had tried on my face....i'm usually in MAC terms NC20. Whilst in Melbourne i went to a Chanel store at Highpoint, i wanted a new mascara and some nail polish. Whilst i was there i asked if they had any samples in Aqua Vitalumiere, the SA came back with two samples for me, again they didn't have my shade. So she gave me a sample in 30, and also a Vitalumiere sample in shade 20. The SA at the Chanel counter thought i was a 20 not a 12, until she swatched some on my neck and said i could be 10 or 12.

So the samples have sat around for a week in my cupboard i was a bit scared to try them in case they were too take, i am not going to try the shade 30 i'll give that to my friend. I tried the shade 20 today, and i was a little scared because it looked a little yellow and very dark. I squeezed some onto my hand and use a mini Eco tools bamboo kabuki brush to buff it into my skin. It literally just blended into my skin, it is a really light coverage so i still needed to go over with a concealer (Benefit Boi-ing) to cover up blemishes and dark circles. But in my honest opinion i really loved this! It looked a little dewy after the application, but once i used my setting powder (Australis Ready Set Go) it looked great. Below i have a before and after picture
Before

After
So you can tell there is a little bit of difference, my skin tone is more even and it has covered up my very obvious pores. And my little pimple is covered up, it only needed a small amount of concealer. But so far i am very happy with this foundation. I won't be buying it until i test out how it goes when i am at work, as i work in an office environment and my skin can go feral and oily in the t-zone.

This is what Chanel say about the product:
Source of youth and light. This fluid foundation revives tired, dull complexions. 

Its fluid texture, containing moisturisers*, ensures maximum comfort for the skin. 

Presented in a pump-action bottle, VITALUMIÈRE fluid delivers the ideal amount for a single application. 

Your complexion appears visibly rested, its vitality and luminosity are restored. 

The light texture of VITALUMIÈRE fluid gives a slightly satin finish, for a radiant, natural, youthful-looking makeup. 

Has anyone else tried Vitalumiere or any other Chanel makeup products? Have you tried Vitalumiere Aqua? I'd love to hear some opinions!

2 comments:

  1. Let us know how the foundation is long term ^_^
    I kept telling myself that I'll spend a week's pay on Chanel products, still hasn't happened. One day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will! I'm going to test how it goes at work tomorrow, and if it goes well i'll think about getting it after Christmas, i have a few Myer gift cards to use!

    ReplyDelete