Saturday, December 21, 2013

Disappointing Bellabox!

Many of you would be aware of the beauty box subscriptions out there, if you are not then basically you sign up for a monthly payment to receive a box of 5-8 sample products sometimes including full size items. I joined up at the end of October, and i received my first box a few weeks ago. As a first box i didn't have many expectations and i have reviewed the items in previous posts, i wasn't all that impressed, but i decided to keep it up.

Bellabox asks you to create a beauty profile when you sign up, i assumed this was so they could tailor the boxes to suit your own needs. After receiving my December Bellabox i have realised the beauty profile is pointless.

This is how my items arrived. I received six items and one bonus item, two of the items were full size products. I'll list the products and their RRP.

  1. Romy hand and nail cream in Eucalyptus and lemongrass.  RRP $33.50 FULL SIZE
  2. ASAP Clear skin gel RRP 59 Sample size
  3. Avene Antbougeurs Fort Relief Concentrate RRP $38.95 Sample Size
  4. St Tropez Gradual Tan RRP $33.95 Sample Size
  5. Mary Kay Creme Lipstick RRP $24
  6. ESLOR sample pack RRP $36.95-$84.0
  7. Bonus - Palmers Cleansing Gel & Daily lotion samples RRP $9.95&$12.99


So these products would be great if they were given to the right person. Here comes my whinge.... I recieved the gradual tan in medium/dark..... i am very fair.... albino fair! This shade just wouldn't work for me at all. I will swatch it and see how it is, but i think i'll be giving it to my mum. 

The Avene product is for people with severe redness i do not suffer from this, so i won't be putting it on my face. 

The hand cream would be lovely if it didn't stink. I don't know if it is the two fragrances, but it is just awful. I can't stand the smell. I'll be giving that to my mum as well. 

The product i am most disappointed in is the lipstick, the colour is a very very dark red/brown colour. I hardly wear lipstick and when i do it's a pink/peach colour mainly because other shades don't suit me. I won't even bother trying this because i know it will just wash me out! My mum will get this product too! 


Obviously not a lot of these products were tailored to my skin type! There was also a bellabox tote bag included, i will probably get some use out of this but it is valued at $19.95 i would not pay that much for it at all! Not pictured was the Palmers samples, I used these before i took the pictures. I love palmers products and i was quite happy with those samples. I think i'll get a few uses out of the samples! I haven't used anything else as i don't know how to use the clear skin gel, so i'll be doing some research on that, and also the ESLOR products! I'll keep you posted on those. 


So i haven't been very impressed with BB and i have emailed to cancel my monthly subscription, hopefully i get a response soon. In the meantime i signed up to Lust Have It as they seem to include products that are suitable for everyone! Will see how that goes, you get $5 off for your first box, so it was only $14.95

Are you signed up to BB? What did you think of your box?




4 comments:

  1. Ahh a rather under-whelming box! I was subscribed to BB on their annual subscription last year. I was unimpressed with this boxes overall... As soon as my subscription ticked over, I unsubbed and switched to LHI . I feel like LHI boxes suits my needs a bit more. I'm very keen to try Wantable too, a little pricey though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive signed up for LHI so I hope i have more luck with that box! So disappointing though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also very disappointed with my first bellabox and I have just cancelled my subscription

    http://australianbeautyonbudget.blogspot.com.au/2013/12/december-bellabox-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a lot of people have cancelled

    ReplyDelete