Sunday, December 22, 2013

Highpoint shopping haul!

Last Friday i went to Melbourne to see Taylor Swift, i decided to take the opportunity to purchase some new products that are not available where i live. Highpoint was just around the corner where i was staying, so i took myself out there and for 3.5hrs i came back with quite a collection of goodies!

As you can tell there are quite a few products! I have had a week to play with most of them and i will briefly talk about them individually, i will prepare more in-depth reviews in the next few weeks, so if you want to know more about any particular products please let me know! Lets get started!

I picked up two Benefit products, They're real mascara and Boi-ing concealer! I love both of these, i had the SA at Benefit colour match me, and my shade is the lightest 01. This concealer is actually great for both blemishes and under eye! The mascara is awesome too, makes the lashes a lot longer and fuller. I used a $20 gift/rewards card from Myer to purchase these. You can also buy Benefit from their website, and they have free international postage over $125 and discount codes sometimes. 

I went in to the Chanel store at highpoint and purchase two Nail Lacquers (in Peche Nacree and Distraction) and a Inimitable mascara in black! This is the 4th of this mascara that i have purchased! I wish i had bought more duty free when i was overseas! I also asked the SA for some foundation samples, i received Vitalumiere in shade 20 Clair, and Vitalumiere Aqua in shade 30 Beige. I have already posted a review about these samples and you can read about them here.

I also discovered Daiso, a Japanese $2 shop, well everything is $2.80 actually! Here i purchased two sets of fake eyelashes, i chose natural looking ones. I also bought a cleaning liquid for my makeup brushes and the tube on the left with the black face is their Charcoal face mask. This is really cool, you can apply it to your whole face or troublesome areas, like nose and chin. When it dries you can pull it off and it removes dirt from pores and even tiny little hairs on your face. I quite enjoy it, but it does hurt a little if you are not careful removing it. 

I purchase two Ciate polishes from Mecca Maxima! They are super cute! The shades i got were Pepperminty and Cutie Pie, out of the two i prefer pepperminty! Cutie pie is really sheer! 

I also purchased a few products from Target, one being a NYX jumbo pencil in Yogurt and another NYX Butter Gloss, this time in Maple Blondie! I also bought Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Fair. This is a great creamy concealer for undereyes! Have tried it on blemishes yet! 

And that is everything i purchased! I took a few swatches of the concealers, jump eye pencil and Butter Gloss which i'll post below. I also swatched my current MAC concealer to show the difference between the three. 
Top to bottom: MAC Mineralize concealer (NC20), Fit me (Fair), Boi-ing (01),
NYX Jumbo eye pencil (Yogurt), NYX Butter Gloss (Maple blondie).
So that was my haul from highpoint! A variety of highend and low end products all of which i love. Let me know if you'd like to hear more about any of the products. I am planning a review of the eyelashes and the Nail Lacquers so far!

Here are some happy snaps of Taylor Swift's performance at Etihad! She's amazing!!





2 comments:

  1. fantastic haul! ^_^ I am still yet to try my benefit mascara, I've heard great things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you really should try it! It does exactly what they say! Stays put! So much so it's sometimes hard to remove it all! I think i'll have to invest in an eye make up remover!

    ReplyDelete