Friday, December 27, 2013

First empties post!

I hope everyone has picked up some great bargains during the Boxing Day sales! I picked up a few things, mainly to replace products that i've already finished. So i thought it was time i created an empties post!

I've collected a few products that i've managed to finish over the last few weeks, some are samples for beauty boxes, others are things i purchased awhile ago and have finally finished. I love finishing products because it gives me an excuse to try new products which you'll see i have done with a few items.


Empties:
1. Vaseline Cocoa Glow - I have had this in the pump pack for quite some time, possibly well over a year! I do love this, it doesn't have a strong smell and it is not greasy. I don't have super dry skin so i don't need super nourishing. In the past i haven't been much of a body lotion person, but i decided to get into it for summer so my legs and arms don't look yucky, and if i get sunburnt it won't peel as easily!

Re-purchase?: I would, but i want to try something new. So i have purchased 2 St Ives lotions during the priceline 40% off sale!

2. A'kin Rose Hip Oil - This was a sample i got from the A'kin website. I received this at a time when i had a  disgusting rash turn up on my face. After using the sample morning and night with no makeup on the affected area, my rash cleared up within a few days of using it. I now understood the huge hype behind this wonder product! I use it mostly at night and i wake up with skin still feeling great :)

Re-purchase? I purchased a different brand, Kosmea, and it works wonderfully! I even use it on rashes on other parts of my body!



3. Lush Herbalism - I have been using this cleanser for ages! It makes my skin feel like it has been cleaned really well. The organic smell of it makes it feel like it is doing a great job! Which it is! Since using it i hardly ever have pimples, and when i stop using it i get pimples!! It lasts forever and i've literally purchased this one about 3 times!

Re-purchase? Yes! When i finish other cleansers i have bought, or i feel i need a good cleanse!

4. Lush Let the good times roll - I also love this cleanser! Unfortunately it is only a Christmas special, so i usually stock up on it. Sometimes it is available during Christmas in July, which is when i purchased this latest container of it. I prefer using this product during winter, as it has a bit more moisturising ingredients in it that Herbalism doesn't, and i feel i need more moisturising during winter. It also smells delicious, and as the SA at lush told me, it's like little angels are exfoliating your face.

Re-purchase? Yes, but i prefer Herbalism!

5. Palmers Cleansing Foam - This was a sample i got from Bellabox, it was about the only thing i liked out of the December box. I love all of Palmers products though. This one is lovely and foams up really easily, and makes me feel like my face is really clean. The smell is not as nice as other Palmers products, it's a little bit Cocoa buttery, but still kind of gross...

Re-purchase? Maybe, the smell is off putting.

6. Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Protective Spray - I love this! I have been using it for years and have repurchased it many times! It doesn't have much of a smell, and i feel like it is doing it's job. Makes my hair feel very lovely. I use this before blow drying, and when using a straightener!

Re-purchase? Yes! I recently decided to try Lee Stafford's Poker Straight, but i think i'll go back to Tresemme, i don't like the smell of Poker Straight.

7. Say yes! Cucumber face wipes - I have used these wipes quite a few times. They do a good job of taking off my extra make-up and making my skin feel clean. But recently i have discovered that many people suffer rashes and skin irritation from using these wipes. Sometimes i do find they are a little stingy on my skin!

Re-purchase? Maybe, i have decided to try Swisspers wipes instead. I usually also use Simple Wipes!


So that is my lastest empties! I'm guessing i'll have an empties post probably every few months, depends how quickly i go through my products. I know i'll have a few empties in the next few weeks so i'll save them like i have the others.

Have you tried any of these products? Or are you looking at trying any?

No comments:

Post a Comment