Thursday, December 26, 2013

Chanel Nail Lacquer Review

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas! For once i didn't over eat, so i'm feeling pretty good today! If you are suffering from a food coma, i have some light reading for you! Today's post is about one of my favourite high end brands, Chanel.

I love their accessories and i have just discovered how fantastic their beauty products are. I have been using their Inimitable Intense mascara for about 4years now, and for some reason for awhile i didn't even know they sold foundation and skincare!! Living in a hole i think! Previously i have posted about the Vitalumiere sample that i received, here, i'd like to update on my experience with that and say that it lasted amazingly well whilst i was at work! So after Christmas i'll be heading into Myer and purchasing myself some, they better have that line or i'll cry!! I've also done some research on their skincare and i think i'll also be buying their Hydra Beauty Gel soon too. I really prefer gel moisturiser over liquids and creams! So look out for that post in the future! Today's post is going to be about the 2 nail lacquers i picked up during my trip to Highpoint, you can see the rest of the haul here. I purchased these polishes from the Chanel store, i also picked up another Inimitable Mascara! ADDICTED!



The polishes are $38 each! Which is about twice the amount i pay for OPI polishes, but seriously they are totally worth it! The formula is really thin and so easy to apply! You need about 2-3 coats depending on the colour. The two colours i picked up were Distraction, a pink/coral colour with a delightful blue/purple duochrome throughout it, unfortunately it's only really obvious in the jar. I also purchased Peche Nacree, a light peach colour with a lovely shimmer. Out of the two, Peche Nacree is my favourite!


Peche Nacree 3 coats no top coat
Distraction 2 coats, 1 top coat. 

I tested Peche Nacree first, and i didn't use a top coat. It lasted about 5 days before it started chipping. I used a top coat for Distraction, but it started chipping after about 4 days. Maybe it didn't like a top coat that wasn't Chanel, i used Essie Good to go. I will try Peche Nacree again with a top coat and see how that goes! But i really do like this formula! I will definetly be purchasing more Chanel Lacquers in the future. I also want to try a Dior one!

Have you tried any Chanel Lacquers? Or Dior? 
Do you think high end polishes are worth the price?

No comments:

Post a Comment