Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A few of my favourite makeup items

I decided to get on the blog bandwagon. Mainly because i was after a little hobby to do in my spare time. I have found so many blogs helpful when i'm looking to purchase products, whether that is cosmetics or other health related products!

For my first blog i have chosen to post about a few of my current favourite products!

My two favourite eye products, MAC's Paint Pots in Vintage Selection and Groundwork. I am also going to review my two favourite lip products at the moment. Dior Addict Lipstick in Dior Kiss and Dior Addict Lipgloss in Spring Ball. Vintage Selection was purchased from MAC online and the rest from my local Myer.


Paint pot, Dior Addict Lipstick, Dior Addict Gloss


Left to right: Vintage Selection, Groundwork


I love Groundwork because it is a great base colour, it is matte and has no shimmer. I use this before applying my powder shades and it helps the powder to stay on for longer. I would recommend using a brush to apply the paint pots, it helps to easily blend them into your skin and make it less obvious. 

Vintage Selection is on the opposite scale to Groundwork. It is super shimmery! I tend to use this more when I am going out at night or have a special occasion, not an every day shade for me.

Left to right - Dior Kiss & Spring Ball

Dior Kiss is a lovely bright pink colour. When i first purchased this i thought it would be far to bright for me. But it's not, it's quite lovely and you can build up the brightness by applying more coats. Usually one coat on the bottom and two on the top is enough for me.

The Spring Ball gloss is really nice. Although it is a gloss it is not sticky at all! I usually apply this throughout the day when I'm just at my desk. It's a pretty clear colour, with a slight peachy tone and a small amount of shimmer.


Well that's my review of my favourite items at the moment. They've lasted me ages but i'm sure i'll be re-stocking them if they run out! Please let me know if you'd like any more information about these products! 


Thanks for taking the time to read my first blog! :)
xx

2 comments:

  1. Those paint pots are gorgeous colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very lovely! I've ordered samples of more colors so i can't wait to try those too! :)

    ReplyDelete