Friday, November 15, 2013

Lastest purchases, and product review!

This week i have had a very busy time online shopping! I recently signed up to Beauty Heaven, an amazing community site with reviews about products, as well as an active forum where everyone is eager to help you out with your beauty questions. This site has introduced me to a lot of products and websites that i didn't know existed!

Thanks to this website i have ordered online, Urban Decay Naked2 pallet from Beauty Bay free shipping which is amazing! I saved around $20 from purchasing from this site rather than other ones that charged postage to Australia! I have also discover The Body Needs website which is a site that offers samples of MAC products, such as paint pots, pigments and lipstick! I have ordered about $30 worth of samples which was about 9 products, and the postage to Australia was $11.95. And finally i have also order a set of Furless brushes! I can't wait for all these products to arrive and for me to be able to comment on them! 

Now on to the products that i have actually physically bought this week, Models Prefer lipstick in Picture Perfect, Simple eye make up remover wipes and Kora Organics Cream Cleanser (actually purchased last week). 


L-R Simple Wipes, Models Prefer Lipstick, Kora Cream Cleanser
 I'll start with the Kora Organics Cream Cleanser. Kora Organics is a product created by the beautiful Miranda Kerr. I was a little skeptical about this product because it was a celebrity endorsed product, but from the reviews i've read and the Kora website, I don't think Miranda would risk damaging her reputation with a dodgy product. Now i chose an Organic product because i have sensitive skin and a lot of chemicals and even essential oils irritate my skin. So far i have found this cleanser really good, it leaves my skin feeling very soft, but I sometimes don't feel it's cleansed my skin properly, and i'm still using my cleansing wipes afterwards. Maybe i need to use a exfoliating sponge with it (i'll try that). But i think once i finish this one i might try the foaming cleanser, i find most foaming ones dry out the skin, but from what i've reviewed this product doesn't have that affect on people.

After purchasing the cleanser for full price, Ozsale had an event on Kora products, i was able to pick up the moisturiser and clay mask for $30 TOGETHER! It does have a short use by date, April 2014 but i'm fairly sure i'll have it finished by then. Can't wait to review those products too!

Would i purchase this product again?: Yes, but the foaming one first.


Simple eye makeup remover wipes: I do like this product, i've only used it a few times and it does remove my waterproof Chanel mascara which is what i wanted. But i do find that it is really wet, and doesn't quite remove all of my eyeshadow in one go, i have to use a dry wipe to get the rest off. So it's good for removing waterproof mascara and taking off most eyeshadow.

Would I purchase again?: Probably not.


Models Prefer Lipstick, Picture Perfect:  I have read great reviews on Models Prefer products and the fact they are super cheap took my fancy. I purchased this lipstick from Priceline for about $9.95. I didn't swatch it, as at the time i had my hands full, and it looked pretty pale. I was wrong. It's actually really bright! At first i was annoyed, because i wanted something lightish. But once i figured out how to use it properly i could make it less bright. Just a little dab on my top lip.

Models Prefer Lipstick - Picture Perfect
 This is my lips with a little dab of colour on the top lip and then i put my lips together to coat the bottom. Below I did a light swipe and two swipes to show how the colour can build up.
Left: Light swatch Right: two swipes 
So although i wasn't sure about the colour, the actual lipstick is quite nice. It has this amazing fruit smell, can't quite figure out what it is, and the actual texture is really nice feels pretty moisturising!

Would i purchase again? For sure i would! 


That's my review of my latest products! Can't wait to share with you my thoughts on my pending product arrivals! Lots of lipsticks, eyeshadows and paintpots to review!

Have you tried any of these products? Would love to know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment