Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Priceline 40% off Haul and iHerb order!!

Today Priceline had 40% off!! I didn't want to go crazy in there but there were a few things i did actually need. Like a new mascara and primer! So this is what i got:
- Maybelline Falsies Flare
- Essie Nail Polish in Sugar Daddy
- L'Oreal 2-step longwear lipstick in Timeless Rose
- Face of Australia Primer 


I'm so far really happy with my purchases! I have used the Primer before, and i knew there was a reason i loved it so much. I recently discovered from reading blogs that it has pretty much the same ingredients as Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot! Which i also love! But not for $60! You can find more info about the ingredients here

I haven't used the Maybelline Falsies, but i posted a topic on the Beauty Heaven forum asking people's favourite mascaras including drug store ones and this was pretty popular! As was Benefit's They're Real! Which i will actually purchase in a few weeks!

I decided to try the L'Oreal 2-step lipstick after reading a topic on the BH forum, and this was a very popular lipstick! So i thought i might give it a go! I googled some swatches and decided that Timeless Rose looked good to try, and from the tester at Priceline it seemed a pretty nice shade. I have used this tonight and it was easy to apply, was a little bit tacky and weird while i waited for it to dry before applying the balm. The balm!! Oh my.... it is really nice. Tomorrow i'm going to test it out properly and see how long the colour actually lasts. I'll try to post pics! 

I really wanted a pale pink Essie nail polish and i thought i had picked a great choice, but when i read reviews (after i had purchased) people had said it the polish was very thin as was more like their nail but better. So the Essie polish was not quite what i was looking for, but i do actually like it. It is exactly like my nail but better. I posted some pics below. 

No flash, no top coat

With flash and top coat
The top coat i used was Essie good to go! I find this works ok with other brand polishes, makes my OPI ones last for ages, not so good with my MAC polish. 
Finally, my iHerb order! Not sure if you've heard of this site before, but it is awesome! It's American but the postage is so cheap and so fast! I buy Quest Protein bars from here because in Australia they are super expensive! An individual bar costs up to $4! I bought a box of 12 for around $26. My favourite flavours so far are White Choc Raspberry and Choc Chip Cookie Dough. This purchase was Coconut Cashew, so that will be interesting to try! These bars are great for a morning snack to get me through to lunch time, sometimes i'll eat half of one in the morning and the other half at around 3pm! 3pm-itis hits me hard! To pad my order out i also added some ThinkThin bites, i haven't tried these but the reviews seemed good. I also added Organic Cacao Powder, this is great to use in recipes in place of Cocoa Powder! And i also got to choose a free sample. So i picked Sierra Bees Organic Lip Balm - Vanilla. Smells a bit funny and tastes funny too! But can't complain about a freebie! 



You can use my iherb code JTN740 to get $5 or $10 off your first order! 

Have you tried Quest bars? Or can you recommend a good pink nail polish! Pastel pink or peachy pink even!?

No comments:

Post a Comment