Monday, December 2, 2013

Urban Decay Naked 2 palette & MAC Samples!

I have been so excited to receive my Naked 2 palette! I've just started getting a bit over my 7 Bobbi Brown, brown eyeshadow shades and just in time my Naked 2 palette arrives! I couldn't wait to open it and see the goodness!
Naked 2 Palette with brush and lipgloss

It arrived on a Sunday which was a bit odd, and i didn't get to open it until Monday morning as i wasn't home. As i was getting ready for work i only had time to play around with 3 shades, pretty much 3 of the matte shades or maybe 2 matte 1 shimmer. Anyways i was really impressed with how well the shades went on and lasted throughout the day. I put them on over my Groundwork paint pot. I really can't wait to try out the other shades, i think i will get really good use out of this palette. I also really like the look of the Naked 3 palette, but i think i'll wait until it actually get's to Australian shores. I'm in no rush now i have my Naked 2. 

With flash on

Closer view of the semi darker shades
Closer view of the lighter shades

The palette also comes with a cute little lip gloss, i really like it. It's nicely pigmented, not too much colour. I forgot to take a swatch of it though, but it smells like choc peppermint! Yummy!

If you're interested i purchased the palette from Beauty Bay, you can visited their site here. They do have it in stock at the moment it is $75 i paid about $63 for mine 2 weeks ago! And you can choose free postage! 

The week i ordered the palette i also came across a website that sold samples of MAC products. I was really interested in this site because i like to try products out before i buy them. For example i bought the Vintage Selection paint pot at the beginning of the year and whilst i love it, i don't use it as much as my Ground Work paint pot which i've actually had for well over a year, and i haven't reached the bottom. So i thought buying some samples of paint pots and lipsticks would mean i can try more colours at a smaller price, and apparently they send you a decent amount so it's guaranteed to last a while. You should check the site out if you like my samples you can visit the site here. They also have their own line of samples!


MAC Samples
I am not someone who usually wears lipsticks, i've probably mentioned that in previous posts, so at the moment i am trying to develop a love for them as they can look so lovely. I thought these samples were a great opportunity to try out lipsticks at an affordable price without wasting my money or product on colours i didn't like. So i'll talk about the lipsticks first. The samples come in a cute little wind up tube, there is about 1.5cm worth of product in the tube, this is pretty decent i think. The lipsticks were $3.79. The shades i purchased were: Peach Blossom, Please Me, Lovelorn and Creme Cup. 

Bottom to top: Lovelorn, Creme Cup, Please Me, Peach Blossom.
Top colour is a free sample i received (not MAC)

Lovelorn: is a blue/pink shade, this swatch was actually quite a few swipes as it was quite sheer to begin with. 

Creme Cup: is a neutral pink colour, it's not too bright but not too dull either. 

Please Me: Is a much brighter pink, kind of dusky pink. This one is more matte than the others, although this is the only one i've actually tried on my lips at the moment. I have posted a pic of that below. I'll have to try the other shades and report back. Maybe one shade a day for the rest of the week!

Peach Blossom: is exactly that, a lovely peach colour with a mix of nude and a bit of shimmer. Can't wait to try this one! 

I also received a free lip stain, all it said was Claire so i'm assuming it is one of their own sample lines. It swatched very sheerly, i think i swiped it on about 5 times to get it to come up on the camera! Still looks nice, and i'm looking forward to trying that too.
Please me


Top row: Painterly, Constructivist, Bare Study, BB Cream, Jardin Aires pigment
The main reason for my order was to try some more paint pot samples as i really love the ones i have but i wanted some more colours. I also then discovered you can sample some of their foundations so i decided to try the BB Cream. I purchased light plus as i am fair pale, it kind of looks a bit orange against my skin though, but it might be different on my face. I also wanted to purchase a pigment, so i chose Jardin Aires which is a lovely champagne colour, i currently own Melon which is more of an orange colour, and i don't really use that much. So i was hoping for something that was easier to wear! We'll see! 

Painterly, Constructivist, Bare Study, Light plus BB, Jardin Aires pigment
Now i'll talk about the paint pots i purchased. I chose these colours because they are the ones i see used most in youtube tutorials etc. 

Painterly: it is described as being a flesh tone colour, as you can see in the swatch it's a little darker than my skin tone. But i think it will work quite well on my eyes, as i currently use Groundwork and that is a dark brown and you can actually hardly see that. 

Constructivist: is a deep brown with a slight bronze tinge. I think this will look lovely in a smokey eye or just on it's own. I think it will require a lot of playing around with though.

Bare Study: This looks closer to my skin tone, with a shimmer. I think it will be lovely to use as a base. It looks similar to Vintage Selection, but more skin toned than silver.

 Overall i am really happy with my sample purchases, obviously i haven't tried them all out yet! But i will do that and report back in future posts.

If you have any questions about my experiences with Beauty Bay and The Body Needs feel free to ask.
Or if you have bought samples from TBN please tell me what you bought! If you know of other sample sites i'd love to hear about them too!

Thanks for taking the time to read!

:)



No comments:

Post a Comment