Saturday, November 30, 2013

Getting prepared for Christmas!

Today's blog is all about gift giving! I love Christmas so much! Not only because i get a lot of presents but also because i get to give presents! I find it so much fun trying to hunt down and find the perfect gifts for my friends and family! My family this year has decided we will each write a list of things that we would like to get, so that we get things we actually want and it makes it easier for everyone! My list will be mainly gift vouchers and DVDs of Tv shows!

Tomorrow is the first of December, so that gives me 24 days to find the perfect gifts! In that time i have a lot happening, a few concerts to attend and a friend's birthday. So i started buying gifts for my friends a few weeks ago because it's really easier to buy for them because i just buy what i would like haha.

I discovered this awesome company that's quite similar to Lush Cosmetics, it's called Bomb Cosmetics! I learnt about this site from BeautyHeaven! BH has helped me to learn so much about different products that i never knew existed, but it's also become responsible for my dwindling bank account! I purchase a few Bomb Cosmetics products from the Australian distributor, Get Drenched you can visit their site here. So let's get down to the order this is how it all arrived. 



There was a little card from the owner Liz, she also included a free Christmas Bath Creamer! Totally cute. This is what i ordered:

Geisha Glass Candle $15.95
Secret Garden Shower Soap $9.95
Paradise Lost Solid Shower Butter Bar $11.95
Very Berry Car/Room Freshener $5.95

They have a super great deal on at the moment, all orders over $100 receive a free gift pack and free shipping! The first two products i bought are gifts, i haven't used the butter bar yet but i have used the freshener and it is awesome! Makes my car smell like lollies! 

Recently i've been on the look out for a nice coral/peach colour polish! I came across the Sally Hansen Spring Carnival range at priceline which was on sale, I decided to purchase the peach colour, the colours were all very lovely and perfect for Spring. I picked up Peach of Cake.

Peach of Cake with flash

Peach of Cake without flash




The formula is actually quite thick, thicker than i am used to. So it took me awhile to figure out how to get it right. This is with two coats, and a few nails had 3 coats, like the thumb nail. Overall i love the texture of this polish. The colour itself is a lot more orange than i wanted. It's more of a pastel/neon orange. I guess i'll keep looking for that perfect peachy pink!

Many of you would already know that NYX has made it to Australian shores! I myself have never actually used the products before, but i have read soooo many blogs and reviews raving about this company that i really wanted to try some. The line is sold in Target stores, and unfortunately for me, it's only sold in two of our stores, one is a city 3hrs away and the other is a suburb i don't venture to. So today i decided i'd venture out there and have a look at what all the rage is about. Firstly i was super impressed with the display! It had lots of pictures and was labeled really well, and it had testers!! The only downside was each product was labeled with it's shade number not the name, so i had to search through them all to see which ones were one's i had seen reviews about. So here is what i picked up. 

Top: Butter Gloss Creme Brulee, Cream Blush Natural
Bottom: Eyeshadow Love in Rio Bikini Bottom (L), Moonlit Skinny Dip (R)


Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee $9.95
Cream Blush in Natural $11.95
Eyeshadow Love in Rio Bikini Bottom $9.95
Eyeshadow Love in Rio Moonlit Skinny Dip $9.95

The first two products are for myself, i really wanted to try the Butter Gloss and i decided this was a good colour to chose to try because it wasn't too bright. A lot of the other colours were super bright, there were about only 8 to choose from! I also wanted to try some of the lipsticks but all the lighter pink colours were gone. So i'll look again when i go to Melbourne. But at the moment i have a lot of Mac lipstick samples coming so i'll stick with those first. Now everyone raves about the Butter Gloss and i understand why, it smell absolutely divine! A love vanilla scent! The product itself is not too sticky at all! It's exactly what i was after, and i think i'll purchase a pinker shade next time too! I also picked up one for my friend for Christmas because i thought she might like it too! 

I have only a few blushes, and they are all powdered and shimmery so i wanted one that was creamy and a bit more matte like. So far i really like this blush! 

I picked up two of the eyeshadow palettes for two of my friends for Christmas. Bikini Bottom shades are all shimmery, i didn't actually swatch these at the store, as they weren't for me. Moonlit Skinny Dip has two matte shades and the tan colour is shimmery. Hopefully the girls like these! 

With flash: Left Butter Gloss, Right Cream Blush

Without Flash


I'm really excited to see what my friend's think of their gifts! I hope they like them as much as i would! I'd love to hear what you are planning to buy your friends, or what's on your Christmas wish list?!


Have you tried the NYX products? What other products in the brand should i be trying? 

No comments:

Post a Comment