Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Spending ban & New products review


So today starts my spending ban, I spent the last few days stocking up on things I needed which will also give me some products to post about in the next few weeks. Some of them are new products so I need some time to use them and figure out what I like or don’t like about them. I’ll have a big post on skin care coming up soon. So if anyone is interested in knowing my current skin care routine just let me know and I’ll post specifically about that, otherwise it will just be products I’ve used recently or tried.
Today’s post is about a few random products that I’ve used for awhile now and I feel I have enough information to comment on them and how I’ve found them.

Essence Soft to Touch Blush - Lee Stafford Poker Straight Protection Spray
MAC Prep + Prime BB Cream


Essence Soft Touch Blush - The first product is my new favourite cheapo product, Essence’s soft to touch blush in #50 Sweetheart. I wanted a shade that was a light natural pink without too much shimmer. I honestly wasn’t expecting much from this product as it’s like $4.95 but I was pleasantly surprised. I have a few blushes already including from Bourjois, NYX and Estee Lauder. So to purchase one that was ridiculously cheaper than these and to find that I love it more than the more expensive ones I was shocked. It is actually quite pigmented, I just pat it on with my Furless blush brush, and then blend it up to my ear. I was expecting it to rub off after a few hours and there be barely a trace of it left, but after a whole day at work you could still see it there! If I wasn’t on my spending ban id go back a purchase more shades, but I’ll add it to my list. I know it’s only $4.95 but that’s $4.95 towards my GHD Air Hair Dryer! I really suggest you go and have a look at the blushes, I have heard they have other awesome products too, like a cool mascara!

MAC Prep + Prime BB Cream - Next up is a little sample I bought from The Body Needs, I wrote a post about that here, it was a few months ago. The sample I’m reviewing today is the MAC Prep + Prime BB Cream, it’s a primer and BB cream in one! I purchased the shade light plus, I am usually NC20, this shade is a little too dark for me. But I am super impressed with this BB cream! It goes on like a dream, I use a little Eco Tools Kabuki brush to buff it in. It’s a light coverage as all BB creams are supposed to be, but it evens out my skin tone really well and I hardly need to use a concealer to cover blemishes etc. I actually prefer this over the Chanel Mat Lumiere foundation I purchased; I wish I had bought a full size of this instead. I even used them both together one day, and oh it was great! In saying that, I did buy a new moisturiser which has helped to hydrate my skin more and makes the foundation look better; it’s still too dark though! I hate oxidising foundations!! I really think if you are after a decent BB cream, go and check this one out. Ask for a colour match, a MAC counter might even give you a sample, if not you can purchase a sample from The Body Needs for about $2-3 and it is a decent sample! I haven’t even used mine up yet!

Lee Stafford Poker Straight Flat Iron Protection Spray - Lastly, I’m going to review a hair product! I briefly mentioned this in my empties post as I replaced my Tresmme one with this one. I apply this before I use a hair dryer and before I use a straightener, I spray and then brush it through. I feel it does it’s job, I don’t seem to have as many split ends, it also really makes it straight even before I use the straightener! But there is one thing I hate about it, and it’s the smell. It reminds me of when I was 13 and my best friend at the time used to wear this tacky fragrance I think it was Stitch Angel. Well it stinks anyways and reminds me of a time in my life I don’t want to remember! So because of the smell I don’t think I’ll repurchase it, I know that’s ridiculous but I can’t stand it, it makes me itch! If anyone can recommend another awesome heat protective spray I’d love to know and love to give it a try! And if you can stand the smell of Poker Straight I really think you should give it a go, a lot of other people really like the smell, I just don’t.

Let me know if you’ve tried any of these products and what you think of them! I’d love to know!
Can you recommend a heat protection spray to me?

2 comments:

  1. OOh these look good. I'm on a spending ban too but I do like the essence products I've used, so I would try that when I can :)
    http://parttimeladyofleisure.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try them for sure! The shade selections are really nice. Mostly light pink and natural colours.

      Delete