Thursday, January 9, 2014

Skincare series



I have been trialling a few new products for a few weeks now, brands which I have never used their products before, relating to skin care anyway. So basically I’ve set this post to review 6 different products, 3 are actually samples. But each product I’ve matched up with another product I’ve used to compare them. Obviously the sample sizes make it a little harder to review, but I’m going to just do a first impressions kind of review. I’ll probably do this as a series as the posts will be quite detailed.
Clinique moisture surge - Kora Organics Soothing Day & Night Cream - Chanel Hydrabeauty Gel Creme

Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Relief Gel – I purchased this based off reviews I read and suggestions by Beauty Heaven members, which was a little bit of a risk but it seemed to be perfect for what I needed it for. This is the original formula, there is a new one called Clinique Moisture Surge Intense, this is suited to really dry skin and it’s apparently a lot thicker than the original one. The original is suited for all skin types. So basically I was after a moisturiser in a gel form, as I hate lotions. I wanted something hydrating, but absorbed super quickly and wasn’t sticky. From what I read this product did exactly that. So I went and purchased it from myer with a gift card, it was $60 for 50ml. I originally wanted Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream $78, but the website was out of stock and I don’t have a Bobbi Brown counter near me. So what do I think of the product? It does exactly what it says! It is super hydrating and absorbs really quickly. It looks great under my makeup and my skin feels super soft after I use it! I don’t really have anything negative to say about it! I’m going to compare this to another gel, but in a sample and then I’ll compare them both to a cream lotion I have tried recently and am still using.

Pros:
Absorbs really easily
Suitable for sensitive skin
Hydrating

Cons:
Price, i can see myself using it up quickly!

Chanel Hydra Beauty Gel Cream Sample – I received this sample when I purchased my Mat Lumiere foundation. This is not as hydrating as I wanted, I know sample sizes are relatively small but I managed to squeeze a lot out for a few days, but it just wasn’t hydrating enough for me. Sure if I bought the full size I would have been able to apply heaps more, but for 50ml for $108 I would have gone through it really quickly! This might be alright if you have really oily skin, and maybe it would be ok if I had a different foundation. But it didn’t do what I wanted or needed it to. It smells amazing though and that’s the main thing that drew me to wanting it in the first place!

Pros:
Smells Amazing
Gel formula

Cons:
Not hydrating enough
Price is extreme!

Kora Organics Soothing Day & Night Cream – I bought this after purchasing the cleanser, and it was on sale on Ozsale for about $7! I thought it was worth a shot! Now I do like it, but I don’t love it! It is a thick lotion type moisturiser and it does feel kind of greasy once I apply it. It does sooth my skin though when it is feeling crazy and itchy! So at the moment I’m going to use it as a night cream until I use it up. I don’t think I’ll purchase it again. But if you have super dry skin that needs soothing it might be ideal for you! At the moment I’m pretty disappointed with the Kora range, the only thing I like that I have tried is the clay mask!

Pros:
Organic
Hydrating
Suitable for sensitive skin

Cons: Too thick
Quite expensive

I’d be interested to know if you’ve tried any of these products before and what do you think of them?

2 comments:

  1. I tried a little sample of the clinique moisturiser and it was fantastic but like you said... the hefty price tag really puts me off! I might stick with my rosehip oil for now. I'm also onto the Egyptian Magic cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cheaper than other ones i waa going to buy. I love rose hip oil but i find that tpo greasy for day time. I usually use that at night or on makeup free days

    ReplyDelete