Friday, January 10, 2014

Part 2 of skincare series - Eye Creams


Part two of my skincare series will be on eye creams/gels. Part 1 was about moisturizers I have currently been trialling and are using, you can view that here. I have never really been and eye cream girl, I didn’t really think I needed to worry about that. But over the past few months the outside corners of my eyes have been sore and sting sometimes. So I thought maybe they are dry and I need to apply some cream to hydrate them and soothe them.  I had a sample lying around that I hadn’t used so I thought I’d give that a go. That leads me to the first product review:
Chanel Gel Yeux - Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream


Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream Sample – I don’t think I have mentioned this before, but this has been lying around in my cabinet for quite some time.  I decided to try it to see if it made any difference to my under eyes and the corner of my eyes. It did! My sore eyes soon disappeared and I found that concealing under my eyes didn’t look as terrible as before. This is a quite thick cream so you don’t need much, and the small sample I’ve had is still going and I’ve used it quite a lot! It’s meant to leave the skin feeling soft and smooth for up to 24hrs, I’m not too sure about that I never really monitored it! But it does have Aloe Vera and Witch Hazel which is meant to be soothing, I attribute that to my eyes not being as sore! I really love this and I’m not sure what I’ll do when it runs out! It’s $75 for 15ml!

Chanel Hydra Beauty Gel Yeux (eye gel) – I received this as a sample when I bought my Mat Lumiere Foundation, I actually only asked for a sample of the Moisturiser but she gave me this as well. I thought why not I’ll give it a go. It is meant to combat signs of fatigue by reducing puffiness and dark circles! Well, I don’t have puffiness but I do get dark circles when I’m super tired. This has helped to reduce those! I usually only apply it a night and sometimes in the morning if I’m super tired. I think it works really well to reduce dark circles, I’m quite impressed. The sample has lasted me a lot longer than the moisturiser sample, quite a few weeks! Again I’m not sure what I’ll do when it runs out; it’s $80.50 for 15ml on strawberrynet!

Out of these two eye creams/gels I honestly don’t know which I prefer. They both do different things for me! There’s no way I’m buying them both! But if you know of a cheaper eye cream/gel that will add hydration and reduce dark circles I would seriously like to know!

Have you tried either of these products?
Can you suggest a cheaper eye cream/gel to me?

There is one part left of my Skincare Series, but what else would you like to see me post about?



No comments:

Post a Comment