Saturday, January 11, 2014

Final part of the skincare series


The final instalment of my latest skincare series is cleansers! I’ve only really been using two lately, in addition to my St Ives Apricot Scrub, which I used too much and developed a rash. I change cleansers like theres no tomorrow, I just get sick of them or things happen to my skin that make me need to change cleansers. I usually use Lush Herbalism or Let the good times roll. I decided I wanted a change and wanted a cream cleanser instead of the thick mud type texture of these two cleansers. My skin is pretty normal, I get the occasional pimple, usually during a specific time of the month or if I’m naughty and sleep with my makeup on. I get dry patches and a little bit oily in the t-zone. But the problem I really have is that I have sensitive skin, that doesn’t like certain products and will get itchy and feral. You may recall this happened to me a month or so ago, and I couldn’t figure out what it was, well it has happened again recently, and I used St Ives Apricot Scrub too much! I scrubbed probably 3 days in a row and then the weird rash developed! So I am not scrubbing at the moment! Instead I am cleansing two times a day, with two different products, mainly because I want to use one up quickly.



Kora Organics Cream Cleanser – I purchased this a few months ago, because I really wanted to try Miranda Kerr’s line, I wrote a detailed review about the product which you can view here. Basically this is a cream cleanser that is designed to cleanse, nourish and revitalise dry, dehydrated and sensitive skin. Yes, it’s good for sensitive skin and it did feel like it nourished my skin but I didn’t feel like it cleansed it at all. I still had traces of makeup on my skin afterwards so I ended up needed to use a face wipe and toner to get the rest off. There is a foaming cleanser, and I find foaming ones clean my skin more, but I also find that they dry my skin out. More suited for oily skin. I’m not sure how to recommend this to you, but some stockists will let you take a sample in a container and try it. I recommend doing this and seeing if it suits you more than me! Everyone has different skin types and different likes and dislikes.

First Aid Beauty Cleanser – I purchased this from modnique, along with the radiance face wipes which I haven’t used yet! I think they were about $7 each or something similar. This cleanser is liquidier than the Kora one; I suppose you could say it’s a lotion. It is a shimmery lotion, so some of you may not like that particular ingredient in it; I can’t remember what it is called exactly. First Aid Beauty says that this product is formulated to remove dirt, grim and makeup (yay!) and is suitable for sensitive or irritated skin and skin undergoing treatment. I have to say that it does what it says on the packet! It does remove all my makeup, I have also started to use a face brush so that might also help. But it also doesn’t irritate my skin, and feel very clean after using it! The only thing that shocked me at first was the smell. It smelt like vomit! But now after using it a few times I don’t even notice the smell. I think if you have sensitive skin you should try this. You can buy it from their website or from Adorebeauty it is $19.95 or you can buy a travel kit that has other products in it also for $19.95, obviously they are smaller sizes and I’d probably recommend purchasing it this way in case you don’t like it. I am definitely going to repurchase this one again!

Out of these two products, obviously my favourite is the FAB cleanser. But it really depends on your skin type and what your personal tastes are. Kora has a lot of different products that are suited to different skin types and is certified organic, whilst FAB seems to target dry and sensitive skin and is free from harsh chemicals.

Have you tried any of these products?
Have you tried anything else from the FAB brand? What about the radiance wipes?
Would anyone be interested in my full skincare routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment