Saturday, January 11, 2014

My overnight bag!

I had lots of positive feedback and views on my 'What's in my handbag' post, and people seem to like those kinds of posts. So I thought today I’d post about what I take in my overnight bag. I usually stay at my boyfriend’s house during the week and on weekends, sometimes I don’t take much just cleanser, facewipes and moisturizer sometimes I take more depending on what we’re doing or if I’m going straight to work from his house. I am posting about what i typically take if i'm going to work or we're going to breakfast or something.


 Cleanser – Kora Organics Cream Cleanser – I take this cleanser because I am trying to use it up and it fits easily in my small make up bag. I’ll probably have to buy some small containers to put my other cleanser in when this one runs out as it won’t fit in my bag.

 Moisturiser – Kora Organics Soothing day cream – I used to take this one with me to use day and night, but I think from now on I’ll try and squeeze my Clinique one in there instead! I just prefer that especially for day time use.

 Primer – Face of Australia – I love this! It’s just amazing. It makes my skin feel even more hydrated and it’s just something I need to take with me if I’m going to be wearing makeup.

 Foundation – MAC Mineralize Skin finish Natural. This what i usually take, sometimes i'll take a BB cream or CC cream, but this is usually what i choose.

Concealer - Benefit Boi-ing! - I use this one because it combats dark undereyes and pimples! And it's easy to use under my skinfinish.

Eyes – NYX Jumbo eye pencil – I’ve been using this lately mainly because it’s easy and doesn’t take up too much room. Otherwise I’d usually just take one of my paint pots full size or samples.

 Mascara – Maybelline Falsies - I switch this up with my They're Real Mascara, depends on how i am feeling.

 Lips – NYX Butter Gloss – Usually I just take one of my butter glosses as they provide a bit of colour and nourishment and Creme Brulee smells delicious! But if you’ve also seen my handbag post you know I have a variety of others to choose from also! On these particular days I don’t usually worry about eyeliner or blush, it’s just another thing that takes up my time and space in my bag. Plus I like to have natural looking days!

 Hair – Baltise Dry Shampoo – sometimes I’ll wash my hair if I’m there on the weekend and i just let it dry naturally, otherwise if I’m going to work I’ll use a bit of dry shampoo to make sure it’s not greasy. And I’ll usually just put my hair into a bun or something. Obviously I do shower, it just takes extra time and space again to take a hair dryer etc. I usually also pack some makeup wipes to make it easier to take my makeup off before bed, sometimes i'll wash my face etc before i go over. One less thing to have to do.

That is my basic overnight bag, if I’m going away for a weekend or to visit my mum in Melbourne I’ll take more products and a bigger bag! The next time I go away I’ll post about what take then!

 Let me know what else you'd like to see me post about! It helps me to know what people are interested in seeing the most.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't like the idea of dry shampoo when I first got it. Now I can't part ways from it ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither did I. I still don't like it that much. I still prefer washing my hair everyday

      Delete