Sunday, January 12, 2014

Veet precision wax & care review & my Sundays

For today's post i decided to write about how i like to spend my Sundays. Sundays are usually a rest day for most people, time to catch up on sleep and spend time with your family. Typically my Sundays involve getting ready for the week ahead. I generally do my grocery shopping on a Sunday and cook and prepare my lunches for the week ahead. I also like to start my Sunday mornings with a walk or some sort of exercise. Today i have actually done two huge 40-45min walks by myself and with one of my friends. It was a lovely day so i made the most of that. I also use Sundays to prep my skin for the week ahead. Usually by popping on a face mask or something similar. Today i decided to wax my eyebrows. I have actually never waxed them before. I sometimes pluck a few random hairs here and there but i've never fully waxed them.

Veet Precision Wax & Care

Recently i watched a video on Beauty Heaven about a handy new waxing tool for your face, The Veet Precision Wax and Care. You get a double ended tube, one end has the wax that you heat up in a cup of hot water and the other end has the after care cream which is enriched with Aloe Vera. You also receive 20 reusable wax strips  I have always been too scared to wax any part of my face including eyebrows and upper lip. The video on BH made it looked so easy that i decided to give it a try, luckily Priceline had 20% off Veet products (they still do) and then an additional 20% off for having a club card. As soon as i purchased it i tried it on my upper lip. It was really easy to use and didn't hurt at all. Unfortunately my hairs weren't long enough, so it didn't pick up too many. I'll have to wait a bit longer to do those again.

Wax & Aloe Vera Cream


Waxing my brows was really really easy! I just lightly wiped the wax onto the areas that i wanted to wax, i then applied the strip and pressed down a few times, then i just pulled it fast, obviously in the opposite direction to how the hair grows so it actually pulls the hair out. I could see the little hairs on the wax strip so that was pretty cool! Took a few goes to get all the hairs out that i wanted and then i applied a bit of the cream all over the areas that i waxed!

I think if you are looking for something super easy to use and pretty much pain free (did not hurt as much as tweezing!) then this is the product for you!

Once my browns cools down a bit i'll also be applying a skinvitals face mask, C brighten! I haven't used this one yet. I have previously used another one, and i'll review them both at the same time. Probably in my next post! So let me know if you want to know my thoughts on the skinvitals masks!

Dusk Bondi Candle

Another way i like to relax is by lighting candles, i'd like to share with you my newest candle, Bondi by Dusk. Smells like coconut and vanilla it is just yummy! Currently i am actually burning Glasshouse - Tahaa (Vanilla Caramel) also delicious and i want to eat it!

Let me know if you've tried any of the products i've mentioned today! Would love to here your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment