Tuesday, January 14, 2014

How I prepare for super hot days!

I live in Tasmania; it is fairly cold here even in summer! Most of the time we get about 25 as a high during the summer months and this week we are expecting a heat wave! Today is expected to be 34 and the rest of the week in the high 20’s, this is hot for us! In preparation for the heatwave I’m going to post about what I wear on my face when it’s hot to ensure my makeup doesn’t come off after an hour or so. Working in an office environment we do have air-conditioning, when it feels like working. So I like to prepare as if it’s not going to work and I’ll be sweltering!

Today I had very little make up on, and I actually felt quite strange, I didn’t feel like using my CC cream today because it’s quite light in tone and I’d have to bronze up and blush up to look less like a ghost. I am also out of my MAC BB cream! I was also at my boyfriend’s so I didn’t have enough room to transport that much stuff in my bag. So today I used my Kora Day cream (not pictured), because I want to use it up, and I also used Benefit Boi-ing concealer and my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powder, that was literally all I put on my face. It lasted the whole day without coming off or looking terrible.

For my eyes I used something different from my usual Naked 2 Palette, I used my Bobbi’s Browns Palette, it’s super cute and easy to transport. I am not a fan of the brushes it comes with though, pretty crap. I used the last 3 shades, all over my lid, in the crease and in the outer corner. I also used my Maybelline Falsies and no eyeliner. Pretty much just a basic natural look today, and to perk my face up a bit I applied my Dior Addict Lipstick in Dior Kiss (not pictured). I think by the end of the week I’ll be in desperate need of my H-Revive Skinvitals mask! I think my skin will need some serious hydrating! Good thing I have one mask left!

I said in my previous post that I would be reviewing the masks. I used the C-brighten one the other night, and the next day my pores were huge. So I think I need to try it again before I can review it properly. I’ll keep you posted!



Pretty much as soon as i got home i took off my makeup off with a wipe and i decided i didn't feel like using a cream cleanser so i used my apricot scrub and lightly scrubbed my face to make it feel more refreshed, i rinsed that off with cold water. I then used my Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Tonic, as i find this helps to hydrate my face and i certainly need this today! I then applied my Bobbi Brown Hydrating eye cream, and followed up with the Clinique Moisture Surge Gel Moisturiser (not pictured). I feel these products will help to hydrate my skin and ensure it stays nice. I also have drunk a lot of water and will continue to do so now that i'm finished at work for the day.

I would really love to know what you do to prepare for the heat! As most of you are probably more experienced with it than I am!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! It's going to be in the 40s here in Adelaide all week so I've definitely read this at the right time haha. I love A'kin's Pure Rose Hydrating Mist - definitely recommend it for when it gets hot! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Sukin Facial Mist, i haven't had to use it yet though. I don't really like sprays on my face. Feels a bit weird sometimes

    ReplyDelete