Thursday, January 16, 2014

An old time favourite...Revlon Lip butters

Firstly i just want to report on my spending ban, it is not going very well. I am keeping up with putting money aside, so far i have managed to put aside $100, that was firstly putting away $20 and then i increased it last week to $40. In saying this, this week i have been on a little spending splurge, it is due to boredom i think. Anyways so basically in this heat i developed a heat rash so i was googling ways to get rid of this and i came across Burt's Baby Bees Dusting powder. I decided i wanted to try it as people had used it on their own adult skin. I didn't have time to go searching around the shops looking for it, so i went to adorebeauty and purchased some, i also purchased a lip butter :| and then i thought "Well while i am here i'll check out those Philosophy shower gels" So i did, they didn't have Amazing Grace in stock or Coconut Frosting so with some extensive research i purchased Melon Daiquiri . I am pretty excited for this!

The next day i was reading some beauty bloggers 2013 favourites and a common theme was Real Techniques brushes....I then found myself on iherb and conveniently i already had the two brushes i wanted in my cart. Sam's picks was out of stock unfortunately. Then i found myself in the beauty section of iherb and i saw E.L.F cosmetics! I had read some beauty blogs over the months and people love this cheapo brand...so with some more extensive research i ended up with 2 lip products, 2 eye primers and 2 highlighter/shimmer products! HELP ME! Obviously in a few weeks i'll have quite a few reviews to post, i also blame this on the fact neither of my two beauty subscriptions have arrived and i am still waiting on my December LHI box, even though January payment has come out already :( And today I bought an EOS lip balm off ebay.... So to help myself out when i was putting my weekly money into my tin ($40) I took $40 out to cover the items that i purchased which were on my wish list and then i added $20 instead of the usual $40. So instead of being $140 closer to my new hairdryer i am only $80 closer. Back to saving!
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter

Now on to today's review! When i was reading my usual beauty blogs and the 2013 favourites posts that lots of bloggers are posting about, another common favourite was Revlon Lip Butters. I thought to myself i already have some of these from when they first came out, probably in 2011? Unfortunately my favourite shade "Peach Parfait" had run out, and i wasn't paying $25+ for another one, but to my luck Chemist warehouse had a 1/2 sale so i picked up a new one. The other shade "Berry Smoothie" was hiding on the floor in my car, so you can imagine i was excited to find it again!
L-R: Peach Parfait, Berry Smoothie, Peach Parfait

These lipsticks are a cult favourite because not only are they a 'lipstick' but they are also a lip butter, i'd be more likely to call them a tinted lip butter which awesome colour pay off. The swatches i have below are literally two swipes! These are an awesome product because they are also really nourishing, their ingredients include shea butter, mango butter and coconut oil! Some of my very favourite ingredients!

If you haven't tried these yet (where have you been hiding!) i think you should give them a go! They are really delightful!
L-R Peach Parfait - Berry Smoothie


Peach Parfait - A gorgeous peachy pink shade with gold glitter particles. It can feel a little grainy, i think that's due to the glitter.

Berry Smoothie - A lovely berry pink colour with a slight shimmer! My favourite of the two!

Do you own any of the Revlon Lip Butters?

2 comments:

  1. These are great lippies! They're quite addictive :) Berry Smoothie is my go-to colour for work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's become mine too :) and I use peach parfait for more casual times like the weekend :)

      Delete