Friday, January 17, 2014

Vanilla Protein Overnight Oats

Today i am going to post about something a little different a non-beauty post! Most of you know that my 2014 goal is to be a better more healthier version of myself. To help me with that i have started being more careful about what i eat, eating more healthier and smaller meals. So i am going to share with you a breakfast recipe that's quick and easy to prepare! Anyone that works full time doesn't have time to prepare delicious cooked meals everyday, so i bring you Vanilla Protein Overnight Oats.

All the ingredients i list can be purchased from Coles, i have not necessarily purchased them from here though, they can also be substituted for different brands as well.

Vitalstrength Define Protein, Coles White Chia, Blue Diamond Almond Breeze

1/2 Cup of oats (I used Lowans, not pictured)
3/4 Cup Almond Milk (or any milk)
1/2 Scoop Protein Powder (I used Vitalstrength Women's Define)
1/2-1 Teaspoon Chia Seeds
After shaking

I put all the ingredients in a little mason jar, you can use any container with a lid.
You just shake it up so the protein is absorbed by the milk, and then i leave it in the fridge overnight. I usually eat it straight out of the jar! You don't have to use the protein, it just adds flavour for me. You could add something else like cinnamon or even vanilla essence! I have also used the chocolate flavoured protein with some frozen raspberries!

Refrigerated oats the next morning 

If you need to eat more than this you can double the mix, just make sure there is the same amount of milk to oats, plus a little extra especially if you are using Chia Seeds. If you aren't using the seeds you could get away with 1 to 1 of milk and oats.

Preparing your oats overnight is not only easy and convenient but it also aids in helping to digest the raw oats and chia seeds! Bonus!

Let me know what you think of the recipe! Would you like to see more?

No comments:

Post a Comment