Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Budget Beauty Buys


Budget beauty buys:

I haven’t posted in awhile, due to being really busy and also because I’ve been waiting for new things to arrive so I have something to post about, like my beauty boxes! So to make up for the lack of posts i'm doing two posts today! The first was the January Lust Have It! Box and now a budget beauty buys post. I want to show you that it is possible to buy decent products and cheap prices! All of these products are easy to get, from Priceline, Coles and iherb. 

Dirty Works Body Butter: I actually accidentally purchased this; I meant to pick up the exfoliating scrub, which I might purchase another time. This was on sale for about $7, usually around $9 and it’s exclusively at Coles, or you can purchase online I think. It has similar packaging to the brand Soap & Glory which I haven’t used before, but this is not as expensive This body butter is made with Shea Butter and Sweet Almond Oil, I usually don’t buy body butters because I find them far too thick and they don’t absorb as well as I like, like The Body Shop body butters! This one is actually really soft and fluffy, more like a thick lotion and it absorbs really well! I started using it a night only, and then I tried it at day time which was just as good! The scent makes you think it’s really expensive, and I can still smell it during the day so if you don’t like that you might want to just use it at night.  Overall this is a great product that won’t break the budget!

Essence silky touch blush: I have posted about this before, and I still love it! Mainly because it is ridiculously cheap ($4!) and is awesome quality! The colour pay off is pretty good, you don’t need to swish your brush around too much; I usually just tap it in there and swipe it onto my cheeks! It does last pretty much most of the day on top of my makeup which is really great! I really love it, and I would highly recommend you buy this if you’re after a new blush! They are available at Priceline and Target and there is a selection of colours and this is shade #50 Sweetheart which is a lovely natural pink colour.

E.L.F Liquid Lipstick: I mentioned this product in my recent haul from iHerb, it is ridiculously awesome! At first I only liked one of the shades I bought, Pink Lemonade, but Strawberry has recently grown on me. The texture is really nice as it’s not too sticky and lasts awhile on the lips. It also has a lovely peppermint scent! These are available for about $1.99 on iherb and postage is also really cheap starting at $4! Seriously check them out!

E.L.F Eye Primers: I have two of their eye primers from iHerb, Eyelid Primer and Mineral Eyeshadow. I haven’t found much of a difference between the two, I have worn them on separate eyes at the same time and on both eyes at different times. It depends on how much eyeshadow I wear on top of them as to how well the shades last. For example, if I layer eyeshadow on a fair bit it will last longer than if I just swiped one layer across the eyes. But they definitely last longer than if I didn’t have the primer, and even longer if I use a primer and a base such as MAC Painterly Paint Pot. These are also ridiculously cheap like the liquid lipsticks at around $1.99 also.

Face of Australia Base Primer: This is the most expensive item in my budget list, at around $11.95. This primer is great because it’s oil free and contains Vitmamin E. I have posted about it before, but in case you didn’t know already this product is a fantastic dupe for the Napolen Perdis Auto Pilot Primer which is now around $50! It has the near exact ingredients bar one product that’s a little different. I think if you’re after a primer but don’t want to spend a ridiculous amount; this is the perfect product for you to try!

I hope you have learnt from my post that there are cheap items out there that aren’t crap, and are pretty decent! Especially if you’re on a budget or are a beginner starting out! Give these products a go! What have you got to lose?!

Would you like to see a beauty buys post on more expensive products?



5 comments:

  1. I love budget buys, especially when they deliver! Great post, hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) these ones have definitely delivered! But im certainly on the look out for more budget buys that deliver just as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dirty Works packaging always gets my attention at Coles :)
    By the way, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    http://beautyrapt.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not displayed very well at my local coles! I had to hunt for it! Aww thanks! :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely affordable products, I have Essence blush and it is really nice product at such a cheap price.

    ReplyDelete