Monday, December 30, 2013

My 2014 resolution and the Lorna Jane Philosophy!

Tomorrow is New Years Eve, which means we a nearly at the end of 2013 and beginning 2014. Every year people make the same resolutions, I'm going to join a gym, i am going to get fit, i am going to do things i have never done before. The year 2013 was the one where i actually followed through with my resolutions. I had already joined a gym, but i vowed to become a better version of myself! I signed up to a boot camp, which i thought was going to be terrifying and i'd hate it! I've been doing it on and off for most of this year, i had a break for awhile as i went overseas and i was hard to get back into it.

From starting this small change in my life and looking closer at what i ate and how much i ate, i have become that better version of myself. I am not the best version, but i have improved and i intend to keep doing that. I can't say i have lost an incredible amount of weight, because that's not true. I have become a lot fitter and i actually enjoy getting up early and doing a work out or a walk. I have even learnt to jog!



So for the year ahead that will be 2014 i have some new tools to keep me motivated and help me set some goals! I'm not sure if many of you have heard of the active wear brand Lorna Jane. This line was developed by Lorna Jane Clarkson, she was a fitness instructor who was tired of not have workout clothes that she liked so she started designing and making her own clothing! 20 years on and the Lorna Jane line can be found all over Australia and it has now branched out to the US and Canada. Lorna Jane Clarkson has also become an inspiring role model to active girls, she has developed her own philosophy, Move - Nourish - Believe. You can visit the website to learn more about the philosophy, and also check out some awesome recipes. Lorna Jane Clarkson has also written two books which have helped to motivate and inspire girls all over the world. I haven't read the first book, but i asked for one for Christmas and i received the second one, which is called More of the Woman's Secrets. I have only read a little bit of it so far, but it is already so inspiring. The book includes everything from what inspires Lorna, to recipes, workouts and even her skincare routine and DIY recipes! I am hoping this book will provide me with the tools and motivation i need to ensure that 2014 is my year to achieve my goals!
Workout page in LJ's book

The Lorna Jane brand also has an active living diary which is awesome! It has a goal setting plan at the beginning so you can write down what goals you want to achieve, it has a 6 month progress section where you reflect on the goals you wrote down! Throughout the diary there is also quick workouts, recipes and inspirational quotes! I think this will definitely help me to achieve goals. I love using a manual diary rather than the electronic one on my phone, mainly because my phone dies a lot and needs restarting. You can purchase the Lorna Jane books and diary from their clothing website. Oh and the clothing is amazing! I own several items and can't wait to get more. They often have awesome deals  or active packs where you can pick up a pair of tights and a jacket for about $150, the jacket it's self is usually worth about that much! I have picked up two of these packs this year!

Motivation in the LJ Diary! 


So that is one of my resolutions for 2014, i'll keep you updated with how it's going!

What are your New Year's Resolutions?

Do you love LJ as much as i do??

MOVE my body everyday

NOURISH from the inside out

BELIEVE anything is possible

No comments:

Post a Comment