Tuesday, January 28, 2014

January Violet Box

What i saw when i opened the box
I got home from work today and my letter box was overflowing with parcels! Amongst them was the January Violet Box! I was so excited to open this, it's my first Violet Box after unsubscribing from another disappointing beauty box, and this one did not disappoint! I opened the box and on top was the item card as well as another little card that had pictures of Lush items on it. This got me excited! I love Lush products, at the moment i am trying to use up a lot of Lush shower gels and jellies as i have a lot! I got out the card and started reading, getting even more excited as i read! There were 6 items listed on the card but i received 7, so let me tell you what they were!

The product card
The gorgeous items


So Susan Water-based Pure Luminizer RRP $49 - I'm pretty sure this is the full size but there didn't seem to be much product actually inside the tube, however it was really nice when i tested it on my cheek bones. Was not overly shimmery, just nice and subtle!

So Susan Nail Lacquer RRP $10-  I love polishes! I'm not sure what shade i received it's kind of a grey/purple duochrome colour, might be the shade Silver Clouds. I believe this is full size also.

LUSH Dream Cream Body Lotion RRP $29.95 240ml- The size i received was 100ml, and i was really excited about this product. When i read the card before looking at all the products i was hoping i received the Gorgeous Facial Moisturiser, (which was listed on the card as the alternative) as it's worth $74.95 and i'd love to know what something that expensive felt like!

MOR Essentials Collection Hand Cream 80ml RRP: $14.95 - The card stated you'd receive either Black Current Iris or Basil and Grape, I received sample sachets of both of these scents. I'm pretty excited to try these as i love MOR products! I don't usually like scented hand cream but i think these will be nice.

Villainess Soaps RRP $8.50 99g - I believe i received a sample size of this product, it smells really nice with spearmint, cornmint, peppermint, black tea and barley scented with vanilla. I couldn't really smell these through the packaging, but i'm sure it will be nice to use. I've added it to my box of samples to use in the future.

Acorelle Eau De Parfum RRP $69.96 - I received a sample size of this, i have never heard of it before supposedly the perfumes engage your psycho emotional sphere, eliciting positive emotional responses for pleasure and improved sense of well-being. To me it smelt really nice, very citrusy. I'll test it tomorrow and see if my well-being is improved at all.

Overall i am throughly impressed with this month's box! Even if it does arrive a week after the first Auspost notice and is nearing the end of January. I'll look past that, because for once i have received a box that has products that i will use every single one of them and they are suited to all skin tones and skin types! Well done Violet Box, you have my vote! Now lets wait and see what Lust Have It have in store for January!

4 comments:

  1. This box looks fantastic! The water based illuminator sounds really interesting. And how nice to get a LUSH product :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really interesting. I'm not sure id pay $50 for it though! It was nice to get a lush product especially one I haven't tried before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This box looks better than some other subscription boxes:) It contain 2 full size makeup products, that's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah it was great! And most of the subscribers got a similar box from what I saw. And the lush product is a decent size!

    ReplyDelete