Monday, February 17, 2014

My tools for gorgeous hair


The reason I have never posted my hair routine is mainly because I am not 100% happy with it. My hair is really fine, so it breaks quite easily and I have annoying flyaways. I also used to straighten my hair everyday, now not so much anymore. So my hair needs some loving, to fix the flyaways and stop it from breaking so easily. I'm going to start the post with the current products I use, and finish with what i've purchased to try and help me get gorgeous hair. 

Shampoo & Conditioner 

I’ll start with my shampoo – at the moment it’s a mix between Toni & Guy Cleansing shampoo for fine hair and Head and Shoulders scalp care in Apple Fresh, and Clear Scalp & Hair Shampoo. So the head and shoulders one is mainly being used because I’m trying to use up all of my old shampoos and this one is good for occasional use to help with the occasional try scalp caused by my hair dryer (that’s what I’ve decided). I purchased the Toni & Guy shampoo because it’s meant to give some volume to fine hair, which it does and I love it for that, but it’s not helping with my brittle hair and doesn’t feel moisturising. I use this one most days and occasionally the Head and Shoulders one. I have to wash my hair everyday because it just becomes dull and looks greasy if I don’t. Occasionally I won’t wash it, but I’ll wear it up along with some dry shampoo. I used to use the Clear one a lot, but i got over it. It didn't seem to be making my hair any different!

Next up conditioner – I use conditioner mainly to stop my hair from becoming really knotty and impossible to brush, as its fine it does knot up easily! At the moment I’m using up my John Freida Brilliant Brunette Shine conditioner, which is nearly empty. I really love this conditioner because it does add shine to my hair. I don’t use it every day, just when I know I’ll be out in the sun and want some added shine. Again I love it, but it doesn’t help my situation at all. I am also using the Toni & Guy Leave in conditioner – this is great because it does help to untangle my hair and ensure it doesn’t become as knotted. But with the current hair dryer I use, it takes forever to dry when I use conditioner.

Styling Products

Styling Products– Currently the only treatment type products I use is the L’Oreal ELvive Extraordinary Oil -  I use this before blow drying my hair to help protect it from the heat and also to try and reduce the frizz and keep it soft. It does work really nicely, my hair always feels soft after using it, but I still use my Lee Stafford Poker Straight Heat Protecting spray for added protection. I have also just started to put the oil on my hair after towel drying, and wrapping my hair up in a micro fibre hair towel and leaving it while i continue getting dressed and doing my make up etc. I have noticed this has made my hair a lot softer!


Hair dryer – I have been using a travel size GHD hair dryer for about 4 years now. It has been great to use, but I feel that I need to upgrade to something bigger that will dry my hair quicker.
Currently I don’t use any hair masks, I do have a few Clairol samples that I have been using, but I haven’t used anything else. So if you can recommend a mask or similar treatment for hydrating hair or preventing breakages that would be great! I'm considering a Goldwell one or Toni & Guy. 

New products! Goldwell Dual Senses Rich Repair
GHD Wonderland Air Hair Dryer

Now let’s move onto the exciting new products I have purchased to help combat my issue. The GHD Wonderland Air Hair Dryer! From what I know the Wonderland is the same as the original Air Hair Dryer, it just has a pretty blue/purple design that changes colour! I am so very excited for this, I featured it in my wish list post a few months ago and I finally saved up enough that I can justify spending $180 on a hair dryer. It retails for $199 but I purchased it from Ry.com.au for just under $180. It supposedly provides salon quality styling that will leave your hair soft and smooth! From the reviews I’ve read people who have bought this will never purchase another brand again. I can’t wait to do a proper review on it in a month or so!

I also took the opportunity to purchase a new shampoo also, the Goldwell Dualsenses Rich Repair Cream Shampoo. This shampoo is targeted at dull, dry, damaged and stressed hair from every day heat styling. From the reviews I have read it has provided moisture to hair and has left hair feeling soft and smooth! So I’m really excited to try this, and apparently the 60sec mask is even better! So i may have to purchase that too!

Hopefully these two new products will help turn my brittle hair into fabulous hair!  They only arrived today so I haven't had a chance to try them out yet! Please let me know if you have any other products you think I should try!

You may have also noticed i changed my blog name, the name of my previous blog was a random choice and was named after my favourite nail polish colour. I decided to personalize it more, and make it more about me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment