Sunday, April 13, 2014

Autumn Fashion

The summer months are slowly disappearing and our cooler temperatures are appearing, in my state is particularly colder! So I thought i'd better start shopping for warmer clothes before the cold weather hits and I freeze my butt off. Obviously I have warm clothes from previous years, but i've either out grown them by style or by fit, so i did some searching and found some cool sites with some cool clothes. Before I get into the post and the clothes, I just wanted to add that i'll be trialling some different kinds of posts in the next few weeks. Instead of focusing on beauty related i'm going to broaden it to lifestyle, so obviously this includes fashion, but I also have some recipes posts I want to share as well! So i'd like to know your thoughts on those upcoming posts!

Now lets get to the Autumn clothes! Today's feature is two knit jumpers I purchased from Boohoo. This company is based in the UK and the price of the items are in Australia dollars, once you select your Country. The best part of this website is that international shipping is free! And the prices are really cheap!




I could have purchased so much off this site, but I didn't want to over do it and i'm trying to budget, so i picked two items. The first is a lovely stone coloured tunic jumper with a leafy pattern, Lola Leaf Ladder Jumper, I like these kinds of jumpers that are partly see through, you can wear it over a t-shirt, singlet or long sleeve top. This particular jumper looks great with black jeans! This was so cheap at $35. I was expecting the material to be like a thin mesh type of fabric, but it was actually a solid cotton that provides a surprising amount of warmth!

Next up is a super cute grey jumper with a lovely crochet feature on the shoulders and the back neck of the jumper. The Samantha Crochet Detail Slub Jumper, at the time of purchase the grey was on sale for $30 the other colours are $45, and again I was expecting a thin material but it's quite thick and looks really nice on. I haven't worn this out yet, only tried it on, but I think it will look really nice paired with some blue jeans.

Honestly, there were so many things on the site that I wanted to purchase, I had to restrain myself. It took 10 days for my items to arrive, which is record timing really. Another parcel from the UK arrived on the same day from eBay and I ordered that nearly a month ago! Super fast! I have heard some people have had problems with Boohoo sending the wrong items, luckily this didn't happen to me so I think its a case of luck of the draw.

Lightweight jumpers will definetly be a staple item for my this Autumn and Winter, mainly because you can layer them with items under and over them! What are some of your staple items for Autumn and Winter? How do you prepare for the colder months!

No comments:

Post a Comment