Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss



For My birthday last year I received the Gossip Girl box set, I already had some of the seasons on DVD but there’s nothing like owning the whole collection is there? And this collection comes in a cute box with drawers for each season. It could be reused to house jewellery or of course cosmetics, but for now I use it for its purpose to house my GG collection.



I’ve been watching each season again and boy have I forgotten some of the things that happened, Blair and Dan?! That brings me to what this post is about, recently I watch the Episode where Blair marries Prince not-so Charming. I absolutely love her hair and makeup in this episode; it’s something I’d wear to my own wedding to be honest. Now I’ve been completely lusting over the lip-gloss she used in this episode, so I got on the google to find out what it was. Originally I assume it was a Chanel lip-gloss as most of Blair’s make up and skin care is Chanel, I was surprised and relieved to find out it was the much more affordable Revlon.




So today I’m going to share with you my first impressions of the Revlon Super Lustrous Lip-gloss in Pink Pop. When I researched this I was a little scared because the colour in the packaging looked like very hot pink! After looking at swatches I came to realise that it wasn’t as pigmented as the tube suggested, it is merely a blue based pink lip-gloss. So to show you what I mean I have taken a picture of my lips with just the gloss on, over the top of MAC Peach Blossom and Dior Diorkiss lipstick. Obviously it's more obvious over the top of the brighter lipstick. But still looks nice and subtle over the lighter lipstick shade. 


Revlon Super Lustrous Pink Pop
Revlon over Peach Blossom
Revlon over Diorkiss


The lip-gloss it’s self applies really easily, and it’s actually not as sticky as I expected it to be. Of course it doesn’t last that long if you’re drinking and eating, but the actual colour does stay on the lips for most of the day. It’s perfect for applying before going to work, going out and it’s easy to reapply during the day or night. I purchased this baby from Chemist Warehouse for about $18, the RRP: is $21. I think if you’re after a cheap blue based lip-gloss this is a perfect choice!

I’d love to know if anyone knows what lipstick Blair wears under the gloss though! Or have you tried any of the other shades in this range? 

No comments:

Post a Comment