Sunday, January 26, 2014

My skincare routine


In previous posts I’ve shown glimpses into my skincare routine, with features of cleansers and moisturizers I use. So Today I want to combine it all and show you my daily skincare routine. This is exactly what I used today, and what has been my routine for a few weeks now. I will post what I use in order.


First Aid Beauty Cleanser – I use this in the shower along with The Body Shop Facial Buffer, it lathers up really well and becomes nice and foamy. The buffer helps to lightly exfoliate, I do have an exfoliating scrub, but I don’t use it much because it is a bit harsh on my skin.

Simple Eye Makeup Remover – I use this when I still have a bit of mascara or panda eyes happening after my shower, sometimes it doesn’t get it all off when I use it at night.

Witch Hazel Toner – I use this along with a cotton pad, at the moment I am using the Priceline brand ones, they are awful and I won’t be repurchasing them. The toner is really nice, my face feels really clean afterwards and I hardly break out and my pores appear smaller. It does have a strong alcohol smell though.

Clinique Moisture Surge – This is my new favourite moisturizer I have raved about it before in more depth. But basically it is a gel and it absorbs really well, I’ve finally figured out how much to use without it making my t-zone oily! I just dip my finger in and that’s enough.

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream – I’ve been using this product a lot lately, mainly because it’s been hot and also it helps my concealer to look better under the eyes. I only have a sample at the moment thought.

Basically this is it for my morning skin care routine, I then follow with my makeup! If you’re interested in my current makeup routine please let me know. I may post about it later on, but  I have a few other posts planned first.

Next up, my evening routine –


Usually I start my evening routine as soon as I get home from work, depends on how my skin feels sometimes it just wants it to come off!

Swisspers Cucumber Face Wipes – I’ve been using these to remove most of my makeup at the moment mainly because it has been super hot, and I find them really refreshing so I thought I’d add them to the routine even though I don’t use them all the time.

Simple Eye Make Up Remover – I’ve been using this before cleansing to ensure I get most of my mascara and eye makeup off. It doesn’t work that well with mascara, so I think when I finish it I’ll try the Biotherm brand.

Kora Organics Cream Cleanser – I’m still making my way through this, it should be finished up soon. I am actually starting to like it again now that I’m using it at night and I can get it to foam up more. I also use this along with The Body Shop Facial Brush, it helps to work the product into my skin and help to foam it up more.

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Tonic – I’ve started using this at night to get through it as I have about ¼ left, I’ve found it’s been useful during the hot days as it adds extra hydration to my skin! I’m still not sure if I will repurchase it though as I don’t need hydrating all the time.  I use this with the Priceline cotton pads.

Witch Hazel Toner – again sometimes I use this when my skin needs extra cleaning or if I feel I still have cleanser on my face.

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream – I use this at night when I remember, I have also been using the Chanel Eye Gel I posted about previously, but it’s nearly all gone so I’m trying to save it for times I need to reduce dark circles.

Clinique Moisture Surge - I use this mostly and sometimes my Kora Organics moisturiser just depends on  how i feel. 

Additional Products – Once a week I like to use a face mask, lately that has been either the Kora Organics Clay Mask or one of the Skin Vitals Cloth Mask. Depends on what my skin needs at the time, cleaning or hydrating! Also when I have blemishes I’ve been using a sample of ASAP Clearskin gel which I have posted about in my previous post!

Let me know if you use these products or if you’re interested in a makeup routine! 

2 comments:

  1. I love having a sneak peek into what people are using on their skin. Mine changes so often, it's hard to keep up! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine changes a bit only because I have lots of samples to use. But this is my current routine. I love reading others and learning about different products!

    ReplyDelete