Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Mascara Review - Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

The falsies - No mascara


This is the final post in my Mascara Review series, which has been quite popular! Today’s review is the Maybelline Volum’ Express Falsies, in blackest black. Before I get on to the review, I have to say I’ve really enjoyed doing this small series, it’s helped me to write my reviews more clearly and specifically write what I like and dislike about a product. I hope you’ve enjoyed the series, and please let me know if you’d like to see more posts like these.

What they say about The Falsies: “8 times the volume and 3 times more visible lashes. Corner to corner coverage”

What I say: Now whilst I do agree that it gives a lot of volume and more visible lashes, unfortunately I do find this to clump easily, and the formula is quite thick. I also find due to the wide, curved brush it does make it hard to cover the corner lashes with getting mascara around my eyes! In saying that, this mascara is great for the low end budgets, but I have a feeling there are cheaper, better options out there, not that I have tested them all.

This mascara is probably better for students who haven’t got a lot of money to spend on mascara, but do want that ‘falsies’ look. Unlike the Benefit They’re Real, this one is really easy to remove!

top to bottom: Chanel Inimitable,
Benefit They're Real, Maybelline The Falsies

If you have read my last two posts, I think you can probably guess which mascara out of the 3 I have reviewed that I like best. It is the Chanel Inimitable Intense! Mainly because the formula is thin, and it makes my lashes really long without clumping or sticking them together. I have already repurchased this mascara, and I will continue to purchase. I can’t say that I’m likely to go out and keep trying new mascaras, as I don’t want to waste money on products. But I’m always happy to try mascaras, and hopefully I’ll get some to try in future beauty boxes!

The three mascaras I reviewed fit into three different price categories, and in the end it’s the higher end product that wins my vote! 

2 comments:

  1. This has been a great series, thanks Imi xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks IndieAna! It's been fun doing it! I'll have to come up with a new review series!

      Delete