Thursday, February 20, 2014

Mascara Series - Benefit They're Real



The first post in my mascara series had a really a lot of responses, which is really great! And at the end of the series I will let you know which one is my favourite.

So next up in the series is the ever so popular Benefit They’re Real, which retails for about $38! Originally I thought that it was ridiculous that there was so much hype around this mascara, especially as there is not a benefit counter in my state so I didn’t really understand the hype. When shopping in Melbourne just before Christmas I decided to cave and purchase the mascara to see what all the hype was about.

They're Real - No mascara

They're Real - No mascara

Let me start with what Benefit say about their #1 product! It lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts & separates. Our jet black, long-wearing formula won’t smudge or dry out. A specially designed brush reveals lashes you never knew you had!

I do agree with these claims, it does lengthen, curl and volumize, it does also separate the lashes! I also know that it definitely doesn’t smudge, in fact it is quite difficult to remove at the end of the day, there is always traces left the next morning!

The wand of this mascara is quite good; it is reasonably wide and is straight. I do find it hard to get into the corners of my lashes though, without a big chunk ending up in my eye.

 I’d say this mascara is great for anyone who wants the added length and volumization and is happy to spend a little extra then they would on a typical drug store mascara.

Overall I can understand the hype, I’m glad I gave it a try. But I’m not sure I can get pass the difficulty in removing it. I will keep experimenting and trying to figure out the best way to remove it without having to cleanse my face 5 times!

Do you think They’re Real lives up to the hype? I’d love to hear your thoughts on this mascara!

4 comments:

  1. Oh man I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggles to get it off. I have panda eyes for days! So I only reserve it for special occasions, but it really is a great mascara, well worth the price tag. I am lucky that I've got a few sample tubes of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a full size and I got a sample size in a beauty box :)

      Delete
  2. I am yet to try this much raved about mascara. Looking at your pic, I can see why :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review, This mascara is really amazing, I tried sample size and I also found it difficult to remove.

    ReplyDelete